Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Perfect weekend

I had to think about this one for quite some time. would my weekend be a romantic get-away? A night out with friends? A cruse though the Caribbean?
nope, I don't think so. Those things would be fun and I would jump at the chance to go, but if i had my way....

I would like to spend the weekend in my wood shop. The smell of fresh cedar, the whisk of the plane, the shavings piling up along the workbench. The current project taking shape, be it a kayak, a cabinet or wooden toy. The solitude of working alone, and being happy with that. The only pressure is coming from the clamps as they hold glued up pieces to dry. The mundane tasks that keep the body busy but allow the mind to roam a bit, thinking about the future, the past, or even whats for dinner.
Yes I think that is my favorite weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment