Thursday, April 04, 2013

Fill coat

I put the first fill coat on the hull last night. After checking it this morning it is still a bit sticky. I didn't see a lot of sags or runs but I will check it out in more detail tonight. I am pretty sure I will need to put on another fill coat to make sure the fiber glass is totally protected and give me something to sand against. I am hoping that I can get this thing flipped over and work on the deck this weekend.

Funny thing I noticed, while working with epoxy you need to have a respirator and gloves for safety. Murphy's law clearly states that while you hands are full of sticky mess and your face is covered with a breathing apparatus  you are going to need to sneeze, and you nose will start to dribble  and then your cell phone will ring....

50 hours spent this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment